Monday, June 1, 2009

The Weekend

So this weekend was quite interesting. Turns out that the party at Katie's house ended up being a surprise party for me. There were some minor signals during the week but overall I was surprised. Thanks to everyone who was a part of it. It was a really good boost to get from my friends heading into a weekend at church about being rooted.

Sang Love Lockdown at church on Saturday and Sunday. It was not easy. There is no semblance of a pattern to Kanye's writing style. Made it a little difficult to keep the words in my head. But it was fun to have that effect on my voice and I am told that it all came together really well during the services.

The talk itself was pretty great. It's definitely one that I will want to spend some time with before I write anything substantial about it. Will have to watch it online when it gets posted. I'll post a link to it when that happens.

(Short one today. I have a bit of a headache and I am not fully awake yet.)

No comments: