Monday, June 15, 2009

On the Heel's of Amazing...

Lots and lots to write about. I am gonna keep it brief though for right now.

A. This weekend was amazing. Thousands of youth and adults opened their hearts to Jesus at Ichthus. Pete's talk Saturday night was so clear and I got to stand in awe and watch probably 4000 people stand to their feet cause they want Jesus.

B. I got to be a part of celebrating 8 guys for that decision. I got to be the one that let them know what just really happened for them when they stood up to say yes to Jesus. I got to look into the eyes of 6 youth kids and 2 older guys and tell them how loved and forgiven and redeemed and worthy they are.

C. Friday, I got to lead my first person to Jesus. I got to be a part of placing Logan's hand in the hand of Jesus. I got to see confusion turn to joy and assurance for a 17 year old guy. Freaking amazing. I got to meet his friend Sam who had just surrendered her life 20 minutes earlier and stirred stuff up in Logan because of how changed she was in an instant. She was beaming and just ready to tell everyone and because of her faithfulness to the call, 20 minutes later, her friend was home too. And then because of the 2 of them being ready to tell everyone, 5 more of their friends were in the prayer tent Saturday night. Way to go you guys. Earth just got rocked by 2 faithful followers of Jesus.

D. On the heel's of seeing God do the miraculous and letting me be a part, we are floored by a surprise loss. Grams, Chris and Brit's grandmother, Rachel's mom went to be with Jesus. She was like another grandmother to me whenever I got to see her. She reminded me so much of my grandma who passed 2 years ago. The love for life and for Jesus was lived out daily. She will be sorely missed. And in the midst of mourning, we know where Grams is. She is getting to meet her savior face to face. She is hearing directly from the lips of the most high "well done." And a personal gift for me, I felt like I got to talk to my beloved Grandma for a minute and ask her to meet Grams at the gates. They never met here on earth but man would they have been good friends. So I get to believe that right now, my Grandma is singing her heart out and Grams is dancing away and they are worshipping Jesus together and getting to know each other. How can I be too sad with that image in my mind. Yeah I'm crying and it feels so joyful. It's so hopeful.

Every bit of this weekend has shaken me to my core in ways that I will never recover from. Jesus said I was worthy to help bring someone home to Him. And as I will miss Grams and I miss my Grandma, I have so much assurance at this very moment that they are smiling over me and I will see them again when I get to go home. This is the best Monday of my freaking life and I haven't slept in 4 days. :) Praise God.

No comments: