Friday, May 29, 2009

Dreaming Big

With my birthday now a week and a day away, I am feeling pretty apathetic about it. Just doesn't matter I guess. I already feel over it and whatever about it and it hasn't even happened yet. Can't really say way. Probably pretty selfish reasons if I am gonna be honest with myself. But I don't feel like sharing those reasons here.

What I am gonna do is dream big for myself. Make myself a wish list of sorts. Big ticket stuff. Yeah really self focused and lame, but if you can't be that in your own blog sometimes, where can you.

#1 is something that I have wanted for a long time. It's a long term project but something that would be ridiculous amounts of fun for me. It may take forever cause I don't have a lot of free time, but man would I love it beyond words.

I've wanted an old vintage car to rebuild for a very long time. I think my top choice is a '71 - '73 Dodge Charger. I would love to spend hours making it into just what I want. Learning about working on car bodies and engines. Painting it. It would be all kinds of enjoyment for me. Ebay has these 3 up on there right now which I would love to get:









Yeah that would be a dream come true. I know they look crappy, but they look beautiful to me.

#2 is more of a necessity than a want and it is a want to. Man I need a new laptop. My poor powerbook G4 is on its last leg. Has been since before Barbados last year. I do quite a bit on it and want to get into doing some more photography again which will require having a decent working computer. I would love one of the new MacBooks. So expensive though. More expensive than all 3 cars about.

#3 is kind of 2 things. I know I have said this to some people as of late. More out of excitement to see them come to fruition. Garrett is just waiting for money from me so he can build an amp for me, and Alex is waiting on me to get some pieces so that he can finish my guitar. To have 2 custom pieces that no one else is the world has would be pretty awesome and knowing the two of them, they would sound amazing. Just need to get the money to give them.

Those are the 3 main things that I keep my hopes up about. As in things anyway. There is something else I have my hopes up for right now that I am waiting on a bit too. Hopefully soon. But that is more personal and not to be discussed so openly in a blog. Cross fingers and send prayers. As for the material things. I just really want them some day.

No comments: