Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day and SipNSlides

So yesterday was an... amusing day. Lots of crap in the morning that I wont go in to but it all ended really well. Some of us were finally able to go down to my parents place and to the pool. It was a very round about way of getting there but we did. Stupid weather people.

Anyway, I think everyone had a decent time. My dad has done an amazing job of getting the back yard in pretty nice shape. Its looking pretty boss back there. (Yeah I said boss. Who wants to help me bring that one back?)

So, last week, I think Monday, Eckert and I were at Wal-Mart. She decides she wants a SlipNSlide for the festivities. I am very aware I was not going to be on it. This thing was like 18 feet long with blow up boogie boards. Now 18 feet sounds pretty long right? Well maybe so when you are only 3 feet tall and 7 years old. But at age ranges of 20 to 31 and heights of 5' 3" to 6' 2" things begin to look smaller and much less cool. I love how my dad likes to heckle people. Its very amusing to me. It was very funny to have him heckle some of my friends that he had never really met before until yesterday. I got a good laugh out of that.

Also laughs were had at the following SlipNSlide related incidents.

#1 Katie's first trip down it and quickly off the end into the grass. And every subsequent trip after that also right off into the grass.

#2 Elizabeth Skees stretching the board out a little too far ahead of her and hitting the ground hard. (By a little too far, I mean Superman style above her head. Man I wish I had a video camera with me.)

#3 My brother, Aaron's, first trip down it which was painful to hear. And the fact that he was wearing my dad's soccer socks which he proceeded to put back into my dad's soccer bag and take his other pair out of the bag.

#4 The numerous races down it. (Yes I said races. It was built wide so 3 people could go down at once.) One of them ending with some slight bikini top slippage. I wont say who. I'll let her tell that part if she is so inclined. I wont embarrass her that way. :) And no one saw anything. Just her reaction and slight scream after she had tucked things back in place and chose to put a t-shirt on for the rest.

#5 Caitlin High on her second trip somehow popped one of the boogie boards. Not sure how. Maybe one of her rings punctured it.

Anyway, we had a pretty good time out there. Wasn't as long as we had hoped it would be but that is okay. I'll try to find a good time to get people back down there again. As much as my dad likes his privacy and my parents like their availability to get away out in their country estate, they seem to like when their kids bring people over. It's strange. I don't get to see my parents a ton anymore, so I think that was a part of it. But they like when I take my friends too.

The rest of the day was good too. Shannon's birthday party was that evening. Thanks to the Bradley's for opening their very nice home. It was a good time.

Overall good day. Progress made. (If that statement is confusing, re-read the blog on The Dreaded Friend Zone, and try to decipher a very confusing paragraph about new people and keeping space but being around. It wont do much of anything but make you a little more confused unless you are already privy.)

That is all.

No comments: