Friday, April 25, 2008

Upcoming Movies

So this blog probably wont be super long. But there are a lot of movies coming out or that have just released that I thought needed some attention. Positive or negative. So here we go.

Harold and Kumar: Escape from Quantanomo Bay

This movie has potential to just be terrible. I actually have no insight as to how it could possibly be good at all. Will I go see it? Ummm... Probably. Actually, I wont lie. I actually kind of really want to see it. Will it be dumb? Yes. Will I probably still laugh? It's quite possible. I mean I was rolling watching Strange Wilderness and that movie was awful.








Ironman

I am so excited for this movie. Ironman has long been one of my favorite comic characters. He's just badass. I tend to like super heroes who are a bit more self made. Batman, Ironman. People who took up a cause on their own. They weren't blessed with super powers caused by being an alien who is reacting with our yellow sun. Maybe I am also a bit envious of all their money since I dont have any.

Anyway, Ironman is that type. Smart, built the suit himself. Big millionaire. Does it because he chooses to. And Robert Downey, Jr. has the potential to be perfect for this role. Smug enough to play the playboy billionaire inventer Tony Stark. And enough attitude to play a slightly cocky stay out of my way type of Ironman. It could be extremely good or it could just suck. Either way the cinematography and graphics are going to be amazing which will make it totally worth seeing.

Hancock

So I dont have much to say about this movie. I have only seen the preview a couple times. And while it has the potential for suck. It has potential to be awesome as well. I love Will Smith as an actor. I think he is really good. He is a pretty dynamic actor. Plays his parts really really well. And while the premise of this movie could suck, I still think it will be well done. And I don't even know that the premise sucks. Its kind of interesting. A super powered guy who just becomes a bum and gives up on saving the world and is brought back. Could be good. Should have some good standard Will Smith one-liners too.




Dark Knight

I am so freaking stoked for this movie. Yes I said stoked. I mean it is going to be amazing. I cant feel it. The first one was just so stinking good. And then to get Heath Ledger (rest his soul) as the Joker. And they finally are doing the Joker the right way. A mentally disturbed psychopath. The will be so much darker than Jack Nicholson was. They say it is the mental strain of the part and another he was doing that was tormenting Ledger. I think it is going to be disturbing as hell and just amazingly done. Can't Wait.





Forbidden Kingdom

I knew Jet Li couldnt stay away from this type of roll for long. He wanted to stop doing the action movies with all the ropes and stuff required and start doing more dramatic rolls or something. But I say, stick to what you are amazing at. I think this with Jackie Chan could be great. I am sure it is going to be pretty funny. And even if the story isnt great, it will be entertaining to watch. Hopefully I will get to go see it soon.








Forgetting Sarah Marshall

I dont know about this. I mean I love Jason Segal on "How I Met Your Mother." That is fantastic writing and he is hilarious on it. But can this be any good. I have heard mixed reviews. This most likely will not be a "hey I really want to spend money on this at the theatre" type of movie for me. I have made bad judgment with my movie spending in the past (yes I am sorry for the Meet The Spartans fiasco.). I think I will wait for a DVD and a download on this one.

Baby Mama

I by no means understand the hoards that want to see this movie. Amy Poehler is not really that funny. Tina Fey is, but we got to see their synergy on SNL Weekend Update. Not good. I just cant see this being worth my money at all. Will I watch it later. Sure as long as I am not paying for it.


There are a lot of others I could have mentioned. I Didnt feel like thinking of them.




No comments: