Friday, December 11, 2009

Still in Awe

Man, good stuff keeps coming. Its been a great couple weeks. Just having a really great time trusting Jesus. Loving Him. Letting Him love me. Being exposed to stuff that gets to be rooted out of my flawed character. Getting to move forward in so many ways. Indescribable. But I want to focus down.

1st let me start with some huge news. I got a letter in the mail the other day. If I understood the legal ramifications and wording, I think something that would have cost me almost $20,000 has been dropped. There is lots of stuff still on the table from the financial downfall that divorce creates. One was the house that I owned. It was foreclosed on and there was a second mortgage on it that the foreclosure didnt even begin to touch. Well I hadnt heard word of anything in quite some time. Only to receive this letter saying that at the advice of legal council charges have been dropped. Scary on one level that I didnt even know I was being sued. But Hallelujah, that is a huge chunk of money that was just forgiven. That't huge. That is a huge marker of Jesus' good favor to me recently.

Secondly, and much more fun than that last one, for those who don't know, I got to go on a date last weekend. It was a lot of fun just getting to really talk to her one on one and spend some time with her. I learned a lot about her and a lot about something I dont think I had ever really had a real one of before. First dates. All new to me on many levels. Turns out you can show interest in someone and go on dates and get to know each other without being thrown into the relationship zone. Novel.

Now I am considering writing another blog. The title would be "Things I learned on My First Date". Not about her but in general. Still trying to decide whether I should or not. That might be something I write and save for down the road a little bit. Could be pretty funny. Turns out it's okay to tell a girl that you like that you are a huge dork. Even to explain why goes better than one might expect. :)

Anyway, we will see if I write this thing. I'm enjoying that I get to spend time with this girl. (I say girl cause woman isnt really in my vocabulary. sounds weird in my head and saying chick is disrespectful. :) ) We get to go out again next week.

Massive subject switch. My hair. I miss my braids. I kind of want them back. I know Pete and Sharon are pushing for it. Pete especially. It would take so much effort to do. I want to and not sure I want to put in the time growing it out and finding the right person to do them and all that. But we shall see. I am putting up a poll on the side of this blog. Yes to the braids or No. Vote.

That's all for now.

No comments: