Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good Gifts

So it has been a pretty great few weeks. With the hard times for sure but who can even remember what they were when the good stuff is so prevalent. Since Accelerate TwentyTen started, Jesus has been just showing me so much of who I am. So much of who He has made me to be. So much of what He has destroyed that I would have guiltily claimed as being a part of me. And constantly more of who He is and how faithful, trustworthy and loving He is. It's been a pretty amazing time. Constantly learning what it really means to lead and to be following and to be staying close to Jesus.

And in the middle of it He gave me another little gift. There is this great, beautiful, fun girl that He said I get to be in a relationship with. It feels dumb to say the word cause it feels so middle school, but I actually have a girlfriend! How crazy is that? It's a little mind boggling on a lot of levels. Who thought I would ever be back here? And with someone as genuinely sweet as she is. I mean let's face it, I am a bit of an ass. :) And for some reason this girl digs me it seems. Go figure. And I definitely dig her. She's so genuine, and sweet and funny, really loves Jesus, easy on the eyes ;) and it doesn't hurt that she seems to think I am funny. Also go figure.

I have loved getting to spend time with her and get to know her. Haven't felt this much freedom to be me like this for some time. Never once felt like putting on a show with her. She got to learn lots of dumb stuff about me really quickly and she seems to still be interested. And she just has this beautifully sweet, soft heart.

I could go on and on about how excited I am about this. I sit here at the start of something new. Eyes focused on Jesus all the way and where He wants me to go. It's so easy for relationships to pull people off. Throw a wrench into the works. And we both are committed to staying close to Jesus. Watching and following Him and Him alone. And I get to see what He has for the 2 of us together in this. Pretty cool. Very new. Very exciting.

So Shalerie Priddle, this blog was a lot about you. There are pitfalls to dating a regular blog writer. Being a topic is one of them. :) So when do we change our Facebook statuses? Cause that is obviously of utmost importance. HA!

No comments: